Dear Sodini Dental patients,
We Have Officially RE-OPENED!
As of May 11, the Illinois Department of Health recommended that “oral health providers resume provision of routine oral and dental care consistent with guidance for minimizing risk of transmission of COVID-19 in an oral healthcare setting.”
Sodini Dental is dedicated to our staff and patients. We have taken extensive measures to keep everyone safe and still deliver the highest level of dental care. We have always adhered to all guidelines from the ADA, OSHA and Illinois Department of Health when it comes to infection control protocols in our office. We have further advanced these protocols to meet and exceed new recommendations from the CDC for the prevention of the spread of COVID-19.
Please read below to learn how we are protecting both you and our team.
SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for fewer people in the office and allow extra time for thorough disinfection between patients.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their cars to minimize the number of people in the office and allow for an empty waiting area.
- We are pre-screening all individuals entering the office. This includes both staff and patients.
- Patients can expect pre-screening questions to be asked twice — once via telephone prior to the appointment and again upon arrival.
- Both patients and the Sodini Dental team are expected to wear a mask at all times in office. Patients will be asked to remove masks only when receiving treatment.
- All individuals entering the office will have their temperatures taken upon arrival with a non-touch infrared thermometer, this includes the Sodini Dental team.
- All magazines, children’s toys, pamphlets and so forth have been removed as these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- A plexiglass barrier “sneeze guard” has been installed in the reception area
In order to protect ourselves and our patients we have implemented measures to purify, decontaminate and continuously recycle the air.
- We have added medical grade HEPA 13 filtration air purifiers. These units remove 99.97% of airborne particles from the air we breathe. The air is recycled constantly to improve the safety of everyone in the office.
- The office is “fogged” with an EPA registered product called Minncare cold sterilant. This product had been used in medical, pharmaceutical, and industrial applications for a number of years. It is applied with a cold fogger, and reaches all areas of the office.
- Our HVAC system has an electronic air cleaner. The electrically charged filters attract and trap small particles (such as bacteria and mold) to prevent them from recirculating. To enhance this system, we are also installing a UV Light “Air Scrubber.”
- Intra-oral and Extra-oral Suctions: ReLeaf suction system and Aegis Aerosol Vacstation will be used when appropriate to reduce or eliminate the transmission of aerosol particles.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- N95 or similar mask
- Full face shields and protective eyewear
- Doffing PPE after each patient to maximize patient protection
We are committed to ensuring the office is safe for our patients and our team. We can’t wait to see our patients again!
Drs. Joseph and Samantha Sodini and the entire Sodini Dental Family